SISC in the News
- The SISC lab was featured in a series titled Food as Medicine in Nebraska Today. View the full story HERE.
- The SISC lab and colleagues presented two seminars at the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association's Annual Convention in Boston, MA in November 2018.
- The SISC lab presented new research at the Annual Meeting of the Dysphagia Research Society in Baltimore, MD in March 2018.
- Swallowing disorders can have devastating effects on quality of life in addition to health-related consequences. Work from the SISC team was featured in an international popular science magazine https://mosaicscience.com and in the local newspaper http://journalstar.com
- The SISC lab provides opportunities for undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students to engage in research activities. Some receive support through graduate assistantships or the Undergraduate Creative Activity and Research (UCARE) program at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Others complete research experiences as part of their coursework, and some even volunteer their time to be part of this work. Findings have been presented at the university's Research Fair each spring and summer, as well as regional and national conferences.