SISC in the News
- The SISC lab was featured in a series titled Food as Medicine in Nebraska Today. View the full story HERE.
- The SISC lab and colleagues recently presented at several professional seminars including the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association's Annual Convention in Boston, MA (November 2018), the American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting in Toronto, Ontario (April 2019), and the International Forum on Active Learning Classrooms in Minneapolis, MN (August 2019).
- Team members from the SISC lab presented at two community outreach research events in April 2019 through the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) and the Nebraska State Museum's Science Café.
- Swallowing disorders can have devastating effects on quality of life in addition to health-related consequences. Work from the SISC team was featured in an international popular science magazine https://mosaicscience.com and in the local newspaper http://journalstar.com
- The SISC lab provides opportunities for undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students to engage in research activities. Some receive support through graduate assistantships or the Undergraduate Creative Activity and Research (UCARE) program at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Others complete research experiences as part of their coursework, and some even volunteer their time to be part of this work. Findings have been presented at the university's Research Fair each spring and summer, as well as regional and national conferences.